Users and developers in the Tungsten Fabric community are invited to participate in the calls for papers at two upcoming events:
- Tungsten Fabric Workshop at KubeCon China (Nov. 13 in Shanghai)
- Tungsten Fabric Developers Summit at KubeCon North America (Dec. 10 in Seattle)
These full-day sessions are official Co-Located Events of KubeCon.
Open source software is shaping how organizations compete, and SDN networking technology is evolving to support that revolution. However, building an SDN/NFVi platform that supports different open source infrastructure and app development technologies is not easy. Tungsten Fabric is an LFN-hosted open source SDN with a proven track record at scale in the demanding world of production carrier deployments.
Innovation happens when the community combines its talents, so come and interact with the leading minds building this exciting project! Join us to learn about the project, share your experiences, and talk about how the community is preparing for some exciting edge computing use cases.
We are looking for technology presentations and short (“lightning”) talks on topics related to Tungsten Fabric and open source multi-cloud networking at scale. We expect long talks to last 30 minutes with an additional 5 minutes for questions, and short talks to last 15 minutes. Please specify the talk time when you submitted the proposal. The best presentation will receive a special gift.
Topics that may be considered, among others, include:
- Use cases for enterprises, carriers, and cloud networking
- Features of Tungsten 5.0 and future release (including proposals)
- Multi-cloud use case, challenges, progress; also the experience of Carbide Quick Start Environment (TF) on AWS
- Deploying Tungsten Fabric; testing and scaling Tungsten Fabric.
- Using Tungsten Fabric: load balancing, HA, service chaining, analytics and orchestration, private clouds using Kubernetes, OpenStack and/or VMware, and hybrid cloud with AWS, Azure or Google
- Integrating Tungsten Fabric with other open source technologies
- Troubleshooting and debugging Tungsten Fabric installations
- Performance measurements or approaches to improving performance
- Increasing the size and diversity of the Tungsten Fabric user and developer base
- Tutorials and demo videos
- Network virtualization innovative Ideas
- Container networking challenges and learnings
- Linux Foundation Networking project status & proposal
- Data plane networking innovation to Tungsten Fabric
- Edge computing challenges and service innovation
- Multi-vendor switch/router support
- BGP-EVPN L2/L3 integration and use cases
Talks will be recorded and made available online.
How to Propose a Talk
You may propose a talk as a full talk, a lightning talk, or for either one at the committee’s discretion. We will also accept proposals for panel discussions. Please submit panel discussions as full talks, and make it clear in the description that it is a panel. Please submit proposals and questions to Conferences@lists.tungsten.io, and include:
- Title and abstract
- Names, email address, and affiliation for each speaker
- Whether you are proposing a full talk or a lightning talk or either one at the committee’s discretion; please specific time required
- Please specify if the session includes a live demo
Special Notes for KubeCon China
Deadline for submissions is 11:59 pm PDT, October 12. We will notify speakers of acceptance by Oct 19. Once accepted, the event committee will collaborate with the speakers on the content review from Oct 22 to Nov 9. The event committee will request all speakers to use the community slide template.
Speakers should plan to attend the event in person. Travel to and accommodations in China and registration for KubeCon ($300 fee) are the responsibility of attendees. Registration link is added here. After registering for the conference, you will have the opportunity to select and RSVP for the Tungsten Fabric Workshop.
The workshop will feature the announcement of the first Tungsten Fabric lab in China, the first Linux Foundation Certified Lab for Network Technology Innovation. Another highlight of the workshop will be a drawing for a new Apple iWatch, provided through the generosity of SDNLAB (www.sdnlab.com).
Special Notes for KubeCon North America
Deadline for submissions is 11:59 pm PDT, October 31. We will notify speakers of acceptance by November 9. Once accepted, the event committee will collaborate with the speakers on the content review from November 9 to December 7. The event committee will request all speakers to use the community slide template.
Speakers should plan to attend the event in person. Travel to and accommodations in Seattle, Washington, and registration for KubeCon are the responsibility of attendees.
The Tungsten Fabric Developers Summit is free of charge. However, everyone attending a co-located event must have a ticket to KubeCon + CloudNativeCon North America 2018 (cost is estimated at $1150). This provides access to the entire KubeCon NA conference, and we encourage you to enjoy all that the conference has to offer. Register here. After registering for the conference, you will have the opportunity to select and RSVP for the Tungsten Fabric Developers Summit.
Join us in Shanghai and/or Seattle to tell your Tungsten Fabric story and engage with the community to shape the future of open, scalable, multi-cloud networking.